Pooled plans are a great alternative to individual plans given that they allow you to share a set amount of pre-paid data across multiple devices. In this guide we go over how to set up a pooled plan.
Before we begin please note that pools are only available for users on the Professional Edition and that they apply to all devices on Flexible plans in the organization.
1) Open the settings menu by clicking on the initial tile.
2) In the settings menu go to Plans.
3) The plans page has three sections: Plan Inventory, Data Pool, and Scaling Milestones. We'll want to hit the Setup Data Pool button in the Data Pool section.
If you don't see some of these sections please make sure you are on the Professional Edition if you are, please refresh your page.
4) Next you will see the Setup Data Pool window which is where we can set the pool size from one of several options and set the start date.
Please note that all pooled plans restart on the 1st of each month so its best to set this up early in the month or schedule the pool to start in the next month.
Once you are done hit the Subscribe to pool button.
5) Back in the Plans page, you will see information for your Data pool, a button to disable it and and button to change it for the next month.
If you run out of data on your pool your devices will revert to being charged their regular flexible plan amounts.