In order to troubleshoot your Nova we recommend following these steps:
For instructions on sending AT Commands to your Nova please visit this .
- Confirm that your SIM is active on the Hologram Dashboard. Paused or Inactive SIMs will not connect to the Web.
- Confirm that your SIM is correctly placed inside your Nova. Make sure the notch on your SIM matches the location of the notch on the print.
- Confirm that your device is receiving power by plugging it into your device. The power LED should turn on.
- Make sure you are running the latest version of our SDK. To install run: curl -L hologram.io/python-install | bashto update: curl -L hologram.io/python-update | bash
- Open a serial communication channel. If you are unsure how to follow this guide.
- Run the AT command to confirm communication with the modem.
- Run the AT+CCID command to confirm communication with the SIM.
- Run the AT+CSQ command to confirm the modem is getting signal.
- Run the AT+CFUN? command to confirm the modem's mode.
- Run the AT+COPS? command to confirm the carrier you are connected to.
For a full troubleshooting script please visit this page.